There are hundreds and hundreds of performance numbers in DB2.
Like a Las Vegas Black Jack deck, the sheer volume of cards makes
Beat the odds.
Let Database-Guys count the cards
so you can...
Drive DB2 UDB UNIX Faster!
- TEMPSPACE Rules
- Use one TEMPSPACE for each page size in use
- Use no more than two different page sizes in any one database
- Use SMS
- Use at least 3 containers (directories) that are
located on 3 different disk devices
- Create UNIX file systems for the sole purpose of TEMPSPACE
SMS containers, make them large enough for your sort needs,
and make them equal sized.
- Get Space-GUY to monitor I/O performance
of tablespaces, their bufferpool hit ratios, and other key metrics.
- Web Publish Tablespace Utilization
and Performance for your entire DBA team.
(Did you note the Integrated UNIX File System Utilization?)