What's new in V2.0
Connection-MINER adds a new, optional,
Windows Graphical User Interface
to enhance analysis of key performance data. The Connection-MINER Executive Client
easily installs on a Windows 95, 98, NT, or 2000 machine in minutes. Easily
explore DB2 performance information like you've never seen it before.
The Connection-MINER Executive Client requires Connection-MINER server
code base version 1.4 or higher. Licensed customers are encouraged to
download the Executive Client
What's new in Connection-MINER
- The speed and process of storing connection data is greatly
- Several new reports are supplied that will help the DBA better understand
and take advantage of connection data.
- Easily discover if your applications are CPU bound, sort bound,
I/O bound, or constrained by locking delays
- Version 1.5 for server code base supports AIX 5.1
You've probably made a significant investment in DB2 UDB. Wouldn't you like to know WHO is benefiting from it? When? And how often?
Did someone say CHARGEBACKS?
Connection-MINER will help you discover which users, programs, and clients
are using which resources and to what extent. For each user or program,
you will be able to easily identify:
- Resource usage (I/O, CPU, Lock, Sorts)
- Min, Max, or ordered lists
- Locking problems
- Performance metrics
- Bufferpool hit ratios
- Package cache efficiency
- Sort efficiency
- Disk read and write performance
- Unit of work sizes (SQL statements/transactions)
- Sources of heavy sort utilization
Based on this information, you should be able to:
- Perform chargebacks to users
- Identify candidate programs needing:
- Sort improvements
- Lock improvements
- Logic or SQL improvements
- Identify index changes
- Determine ad hoc users in need of training
- Set appropriate DB2 governor thresholds
- Observe performance trends over time
- Make informed tuning decisions
- Improve overall efficiency and performance of your DB2 UDB environment
a data mart of DB2 UDB Event Monitor Connection data. Using supplied queries,
the DBA can quickly learn utilization and trend information. What's more,
the DBA can easily extend its functionality by building additional queries
that access the data mart. Connection data in the data mart can be accessed
via any ODBC client (ie. Microsoft Excel ®), Java ® JDBC,
or any other SQL or programming method you choose. Connection-MINER
Connection-MINER results can be:
- Viewed directly
- Saved in report files
- Exported to comma delimited files which can be:
- Easily imported into spreadsheets
- Quickly loaded into other databases
IBM DB2 Query Patroller + Connection-MINER
What do you get when you combine foresight and hindsight? Extreme
Query Patroller allows the DBA to proactively define query resource
thresholds. If a given query is estimated to exceed the permitted resource
levels, then it can be automatically held for later execution during
off peak periods. This is foresight.
Connection-MINER helps the DBA understand when the off peak periods
actually occur, resource utilizations across time and nodes, and typical
resource consumption levels for users and programs. This is the hindsight
that is needed to optimally configure Query Patroller.
Get both Query Patroller and Connection-MINER, and upper management
just may recognize you for the strategic genius that you are.
Connection-MINER is ready for DB2 UDB versions 6.1, 7.x, and 8.1 for both
Enterprise Edition (EE) and Extended Enterprise Edition (EEE).
DB2 UDB Enterprise
DB2 UDB Extended
(64-bit) coming soon!
Server Software Requirements
- DB2 UDB per platforms listed
- Operating System per platforms listed
- A web browser capable of displaying HTML 3.2 documents
Executive Client Software Requirements
- Windows 95, 98, NT SP5+, or 2000
- DB2 Client for Windows
- The Connection-MINER Performance History Database must be catalogued at the DB2 Client
- Executive Client Users require Select privileges against the Connection-MINER tables and views
- Software requires approximately 5MB of disk space
- Depending on history retention requirements, an additional 10-100MB or
more of disk space should be reserved for connection data mart data
Vision for the Future
We would enjoy
the opportunity to discuss our future plans and directions with you.
Please complete our additional information
I Want More!
If you'd like more information on Connection-MINER or any of Database-Guys's products,
please complete our Tell Me More! form.