There are hundreds and hundreds of performance numbers in DB2.
Like a Las Vegas Black Jack deck, the sheer volume of cards makes
Beat the odds.
Let Database-Guys count the cards
so you can...
Drive DB2 UDB UNIX Faster!
- The more "arms" the better
- Large tablespaces should have equal sized containers
spread over as many different disks as reasonably possible.
- Large? If all table data will fit into a single disk partition
(PPsize for AIX), or into a handful of partitions (5 or fewer),
then the tablespace is not large. Otherwise, if the
table is going to be prefetched, it is a candidate for multiple
- Get Space-GUY and learn which tablespaces
have the worst read or write performance.
- Get Alerts when Tablespace
or File System Utilization exceeds defined thresholds.
(Alerts indicated by red background on HTML report)
- Receive Email... trigger pager
- Run a script