There are hundreds and hundreds of performance numbers in DB2.
Like a Las Vegas Black Jack deck, the sheer volume of cards makes
Beat the odds.
Let Database-Guys count the cards
so you can...
Drive DB2 UDB UNIX Faster!
- Use a short TIMEOUT value, like 5 or 10 seconds.
- Applications that wait on locks can, and often do,
hold locks that other applications want.
- If applications wait too long, the effect is about
the same as a 100 car pile up (accident) on a highway...
The domino effect is devasting to high performance applications.
- Make sure applications properly handle timeouts.
- Get Wise-GUY and get alerted to Timeouts,
Deadlocks, and Excessive Wait Times. Measure and track average
lock wait time over time to ensure your lock performance is meeting